Goče is a village on the Southern edge of Vipava Valley, dominated by its St. Andrew church (17th century) and surrounded by vineyards. The old part of the village originates from 14th century and village layout changed little since early 19th century or even earlier. Houses are built of local stone and many remain unplastered. The stone-cut entry to the graveyard and the chapel of Holy Sepulchre (1668) are worth mentioning.

The old part of the village is protected as heritage site. Old houses date from 17th-19th century. The local school was built in 1937 and is a typical example of Italian building style of the 1930th. Perched on the Obelunec hill above the village is St. Mary church, offering a perfect view of Goče and Upper Vipava Valley with Mt. Nanos.

In March 2007, the village water hole (kal), the place where cattle and other animals were brought to drink water, was cleaned and reopened.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.