Vrhpolje

Vrhpolje village is located just 2 km to the North of Vipava. It is now best known by grapevine growing, centered around the local cooperative founded in 1906, as well as by wine producers. An interesting detail is that there are two churhes in the village. The 'old church' of Holy Cross dating from 14th or 15th century (two gothic frescoes date from the first half of the 15th century), while the 'new church' is about 200 m away and is devoted to Saints Primus and Felician (built in 1875).

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.